Friday, November 06, 2009

yet another proud mama moment

Earlier today, while still working I happened to miss a call from Kieras school.. When i saw the missed called after work I thought I best call Matt and make sure that everything was okay. I was so relieved when he said that all was fine, that he too had been called by the school.
Apparently, Kiera had won an award for a Media project she had done, though we were asked to keep it hushed and get her up to the school between 7 & 8pm to receive this award at the year 11 art show. (she is only in yr 10 btw but her stuff was being shown anyway).

We got up to the school just before 8 only to be quickly ushered through the doors and told to go and see the principal. (the awards had all been presented about 10 mins earlier)... Kiera was still wondering what was happening at this point... She regardlessly, headed to the principal who eagerly shook her hand and presented her with a PRINCIPAL AWARD and a credit note for $50 to go towards her school books for next year.

Needless to say, this was a wonderful end to a week and yet another proud mama moment!

Happy friday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! OH WOW!

Wonderful job Kiera. Bet your mom was all misty eyed. *grins*

I love moments like that.

Love to all of you.